Ever since his birthday Levi has slept comfortably swaddled in a blanket at night. He looks something like this. So peaceful.
Jason and I have fretted about the day he no longer fits in his swaddling blankets. It's drawing near! Last night we decided to do a little experiment. He got a few sleep sacks when he was born, but they've just been hanging out in his closet unused. Well last night we put him in his Snugglesaurus sleep sack for the first time. He slept great! It doesn't look as cozy as a swaddle, but I wouldn't mind a sleep sack. I guess it's kind of like a baby sleeping bag! Here's our little Snugglesaurus. (Yes, it really says that on the tag.)
He slept great until we woke up at 1 a.m. and realized he was smashed against the side of the crib. Jason delicately moved him but he woke up. I nursed him back to sleep and he slept fine until 6 a.m. when again he wiggled to the edge. He woke himself up this time. I nursed him back to sleep and all was good. Until 8 a.m.... We woke up to Levi SHRIEKING!! I ran...fast...to see what was the matter. The poor little beast had wedged both of his little legs between the crib slats and couldn't get himself free. His crib set came with beautiful matching bumpers and they were in there until August 14th, the day he came home, but the instructor of our ill-fated birthing class (remember that?) advised us not to use them. The AAP and the SIDS Foundation strongly recommend against them and since they're the experts out they came. Since he's been swaddled we haven't had any problems with him moving in his crib. After being pregnant with him for 9 months I should've known he wouldn't stay in one spot for long!
They're breathable crib bumpers (in Sage), available at Target.com. I think they're still on our baby registry as well. They would work as a gift for me too. A gift for Levi is a gift for me!
Things in Levi Land haven't been all bad. Yesterday Levi got yet another stuffed animal. This one wasn't blue and soft like the others, though. He got his very own Target Dog equipped with red and khaki and a name badge, Bullseye (which will most likely be removed due to it's choking hazard). Merry Christmas Levi, from Bullseye!





Very cute picture in the sleep sack! I'm glad it's working for him. We have the breathable bumpers and they are great!
ReplyDelete