Levi went for his 4 month check-up today. He's doing great! He weighs 12 lbs 6 oz (7%), is 24" tall (16%), and his head circumference is 16" (18%). I've been wondering lately why all the leg holes on his clothes are huge. I was starting to think it was a universal manufacturing defect. It turns out Levi is just small! That shouldn't come as a surprise to my family. I was the shortest kid in my class until my freshman year of high school, got mistaken for a pregnant teenager just a few months ago, and get questioned frequently as to whether I really am the pharmacist. Sorry for the short genes kiddo.
Now for the bad news. Levi has eczema, cradle cap, torticollis, and a flat spot. None of this came as a surprise to me, especially the skin stuff. My skin has always been less than stellar. We knew about the flat spot from his last appointment. Levi's doctor recommended switching his positioning in his crib then, but that didn't seem to help. Now she thinks the flat spot is from mild torticollis which is basically an imbalance in his neck muscles from being cooped up in the womb. So now he has to go to physical therapy. Poor guy. Oh well, I can't help but count my blessings. We have a beautiful, happy, healthy son that we adore. What more could we ask for?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment