Thursday, November 5, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile

I'm happy to say my first day back at work went great! Levi was hard to leave, but once I got back it felt like I never left. That's what I love about my job. It's so easy to dive back into it. To make the day easier, I tried to focus on all the positives of being a working mom. I'm pleasantly surprised with what I came up with! Here's a list of all the things that made me smile yesterday...

-Rocking out to LOUD music on my way to work. Kids have this effect where you instinctively turn down the volume and drive slower. It was refreshing to belt out songs again!

-Parking in my usual spot without even thinking about it.

-Walking into the pharmacy and seeing bows, streamers, posters, and pictures of Levi welcoming me back.

-The 6 Hershey's bars taped to the counter. I guess Jess didn't get the memo that I don't have cravings anymore. Oddly enough I only craved french fries and orange Fanta, no chocolate.

-Seeing the GIANT bottle of ketchup with a picture of french fries on it in the back of the fridge. The note on it still said something like, "Eat whenever baby wants fries and ketchup."

-Logging onto the computer and being denied access with an explanation of, "This team member is either on leave or has been terminated." Thank goodness it was the former, not the latter!

-Andrea bringing me a lilly and a balloon that said "Welcome Home". Target doesn't have welcome back balloons. They should look into that.

-All the hugs.

-Everytime I tried to write the date (11/4) I ended up writing 8/4/09. I guess my mind was still stuck in August.

-Answering the phone for the first time and recognizing one of our more difficult guests. No rest for the weary.

-Someone asking if they could stack prescriptions against the back of the counter again. This practice was banned somewhere around May or June when I could no longer reach the back of the counter.

-Realizing halfway through the day that I was actually enjoying myself.

-Of course there are the obvious things like bending over, lifting boxes, and reaching things on the top shelves.

-Going to the bathroom and when the door was locked it didn't bother me one bit. In August I would not have been happy with the person tying up my bathroom!

-Julie's stale bagel sitting on the kitchen counter. Some things never change.

-The box of Daytrana I accidentally opened in July still hadn't been dispensed. I dispensed it.

-Jason L.'s note that read, "Dear Lindsay, Thank you for not going into labor when I was on the clock."

-Showing off pictures of Levi.

-Krista and Julie calling to check in on me. Not the pharmacy, but me.

-Packing up, going home, and Levi greeting me with that big gummy smile of his!

No comments:

Post a Comment