I kicked off my long weekend of work last Friday by swinging by the mail box for the mail I neglected to get the previous three days. Imagine my surprise to see a jury summons. My thoughts went something like this. Uggg, jury duty, how can I get out of this? Okay, this won't be so bad. Maybe it will even be interesting. Fun perhaps. December 17th? Really, a week before Christmas?! How can I get out of this? What am I going to do to feed Levi? Ok, now I really need to figure out a way to get out of this!
I really don't mind serving jury duty. Afterall, I vote so it's my civil duty. I get that. I have 2 real issues with it right NOW, though. A. I have a 3 month old breastfed baby. I've been a registered voter for 8 years and I get a summons right after having a baby. Seriously? I bet they would dismiss me if I showed up with my breast pump and asked, "Where can I use this?" :) B. It's December 17th! Anywho, I spoke with a nice lady at the county building who offered to postpone my duties until late in 2010. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Jason hung out with the beastie boy (Levi) all weekend. They had a good time watching the snow fall. Jason only took one picture the entire time so no pictures today, just words. I need to get Jason to update this when I'm gone. I don't even know what they did all day! Now you'll just have to be bored by my stories. Sigh.
When I got to work on Friday I found 40 flu shots waiting for me. Dispensing drugs is one thing, but administering vaccines is another. Peoples' true colors come out when you're about to stick them with a 25 gauge needle. One particular gentleman really had me laughing. He walked up to the counter and waited to be helped. I asked, "How can I help you, sir?" "I was hoping you could stab me." he said. "Why yes, I'd love to!" I replied. Neither one of us went to jail! Imagine that.
Jason and I took the plunge and started our Christmas shopping yesterday. We'd finally had enough of our 5 foot mini tree being dwarfed by our 18 foot ceiling and bought a new pre-lit 8 foot tree. Jason started putting it up last night. We acted all dramatic for Levi before we plugged it in so he would know that this was a BIG deal. Jason plugged it in and.....drum roll please...Levi screamed! I can't wait to see what he thinks of Santa.
Last and most likely of least importance, I got my braces off this morning. I was really starting to get sick of those things. Looking like a teenage mom gets old after a while. On the bright side, though, my headaches have gone away and my jaw no longer hurts. Now all I have left is to get my poor destroyed molars fixed and I'll be a dental success story!
That's all for today. I promise to have some more pictures next time!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment