There are a lot of fun things to do along Cincinnati's Riverfront. Jason and I did a lot of them while we were dating; Red's games, The Purple People Bridge, Tall Stacks, the list goes on. One thing we didn't do, however, was visit the Newport Aquarium. Ironically, all the cool stuff is on the Kentucky side. So we ventured over to visit the friendly folks in Kentucky and subsequently added another state to Levi's repertoire! Welcome to the Bluegrass State, Levi! Who would have guessed there were sea creatures in Kentucky?
The Shark Tank at the aquarium was by far the most interesting stop along our journey. We actually walked through the tank safely enclosed in a thick (very thick!) glass tunnel. Levi is pointing to one of the sharks swimming overhead.
I believe this was the one that was eyeing my baby.
Apparently the sharks and sea turtles co-habitate. I think I would opt for my own tank if I were the tortoise.
Jason made me take a picture of the FOUR rows of teeth this guy had.
"Hey Mr. Shark, I have six teeth!"
A view from the top of the shark tank. I suppose the nets are there to keep people from jumping in?
Here's a view of the aquarium from the pedestrian bridge. All the tarps are people staking their claim on the hill for the Riverfest fireworks the following night. We really wanted to see them but good old Cincinnati opted not to offer a shuttle bus from the suburbs this year. We weren't about to battle the 500,000 people projected to be in attendance for one of the 15 parking spots downtown. Maybe next year?



No comments:
Post a Comment