Wednesday, September 1, 2010

12 Month Update

After a little delay due to a scheduling error on our part, Levi finally got in to see the doc for his 12 month check-up today. Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself. I went into the office fully expecting the nurses to tell me that Levi wasn't just fat, but that he was on track for obesity! He's acquired quite a milk gut over the past few months and the kid will eat literally anything! To me he looks huge, but the scale had a different story to tell. Levi weighed 20 lbs 7 oz with his diaper on. That put him in the 20th percentile. I really don't think Levi is small. It's just that 80% of toddlers his age weigh more than him. He's got scrappy written all over him. Even the doctor pointed out his biceps! As for his height he's 29 inches (25%) from head to toe. That's almost a foot taller than the day he was born. Imagine if I grew a foot between now and next fall. Wouldn't that be something?! He got two shots today, one in his arm and one in his thigh. He didn't bat an eyelash for the shot in his arm, but he sure made up for it when he got the shot in his leg. He gave the nurse the meanest look I've ever seen on his cute little face. Of course, in typical Levi style, he waved good-bye to her on the way out. He's such a forgiving little fellow! Finally, his head was 18.25 inches (50%). He has to have a bigger head to hold all of his beautiful blond hair! My now bald dad is envious of his locks! Now, the best part of the entire trip, however, was the basket full of dinosaurs under the exam table. I don't know if the pediatrician's office intentionally has boy/girl specific rooms but the room Levi was in had a very distinct dinosaur theme and he loved it. He found a "long neck" and never let go. I guess it's time to dig Little Foot out of the stuffed animal box in my parent's basement!

No comments:

Post a Comment