Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Walking & Talking

It's a no-picture Wednesday. Sorry. Levi started taking steps last week (10/21...another one for the record books!) and I've been so busy keeping up with him that I haven't taken a single picture! It all started with a little game that Levi made up and it ended with him taking two steps. I was transferring laundry from the washer to the dryer with my trusty little helper at my side. After I would throw a handful of clothes into the dryer he would slam the door shut. On the sixteenth round of almost getting my arm slammed in the dryer I decided it would be best if Levi took a breather. I stood him a few feet back so I could finish my chore. He wanted nothing to do with that! He puffed out his little chest and took two deliberate steps right toward my dryer door. He hasn't looked back since. Look out Moab!

The little beast has been jabbering up a storm lately too. It's like there's an echo in the room. We were driving to the park and Levi was in the back chit-chatting the day away with Moab. I finally tried to make sense of the nonsense and teach him to say "I love you." He got something that sounded like "I love...." then it was back to Greek. If Moab could talk I'm sure he could translate. Whatever Levi said seemed to make sense to that dumb dog! Fortunately for me Levi has picked up on some English. We're still working on comprehension! For example, we've been working on "hot" at dinner time to teach Levi that he can't always have food NOW. Levi's gotten so good that the minute I pulled his leftover stir-fry out of the microwave and started to blow on it he said...in an extremely exaggerated manner..."Hot!" Of coure I smiled my big proud momma smile and told him that he was right, his lunch was indeed hot. I blew on it until it was a decent temperature and set it in front of him. That little joker blew on his plate for another 5 minutes proclaiming it "Hot!" I told him it was okay to eat and even took a bite. He looked at me, shook his head no, and sternly said "Hot!" Oh boy, and who's the parent here?! I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg. At least now he won't burn his tongue. Hopefully the lesson this morning about "yucky" diapers sticks as well as the "hot" stir-fry!

No comments:

Post a Comment