Monday, October 18, 2010

6 Hours Of Winona...

...was more than enough for us! A few weeks ago I agreed to do a 6 hour endurance mountain bike race with Jason. I have many fond memories of epic rides in Colorado so I thought 6 hours on a bike would be nothing. Afterall, we used to do it every weekend! Of course I forgot that we took frequent breaks and always stopped for lunch. Two laps (15 miles) into the race I started to do some math. 6 hours...it doesn't even take that long to do a marathon! When I went through the first lap in under 45 minutes I was flabbergasted at my pace. If I kept that up I would cover 60 miles. I could already feel my eyes rolling in my head. What did I sign up for?! In my fourth lap hypoglycemic stupor I remembered that no one was making me do this. So, I opted to turn in my meal card a little early and stop for a 45 minute lunch break. It was the best decision I made all day! And the chicken was fantastic! Here's Jason one-uping me. He finished 7 laps. I finished 6.

We got asked twice if we drove all the way from Colorado for the race. I wish my answer could have been yes! Maybe again someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment