Thursday, October 7, 2010

October So Far

September flew by and now we're well into October. We haven't done anything spectacular. In fact, we've spent a majority of our time relaxing at home. It's been nice. Jason has been busy with school work in the evenings so I've had some time to read a few books and get hooked on a few TV shows. Of course, my favorite of the shows got cancelled after the second episode. Go figure. The same thing happened last year with FlashForward. I have a propensity to enjoy things most other people do not. At least now I have more time to blog about my handsome little man! Here he is sitting on his perch. He climbs up and takes with him whatever his heart desires. This particular day it was milk and banana cookies. He could spend hours doing this if we let him!

We've been fair weather baseball fans as of late. We sort of cheated on the Redlegs when we moved to Colorado and backed the Rockies. In all fair weather fairness, last week was a great week to be a Reds fan. Last night...not so much. The Reds were on the receiving end of Roy Halladay's record setting no-hitter. Levi doesn't seem to care, though.
I took this picture Tuesday morning in hopes that it would someday remind me that things weren't always sunshine and roses with Levi. We put him to bed at 8 o'clock sharp Monday night and he cried for 4 hours. Yes, 4 hours! As a result he overslept, didn't have time for breakfast, and was a royal mess as we headed out the door for school on Tuesday. In my rush all I could manage was a cup of milk and a handful of vanilla wafers. I'm considering selling my rights to ABC for an episode of Modern Family. Although you might not believe it from this photo, the vanilla wafers were actually a hit!


Jason bought me these flowers after an exceptionally rough morning with Levi last week. Man, how do people have more than one child? I would need flowers every other day!


We celebrated a very special girl's birthday last Sunday night. Levi's cousin turns two on the 8th. Aside from his classmates at school, Levi has spent more time with her than anyone else his size. Don't look now, Levi, she wants to poke your eyes out!


Hanging out with the boys...


I gave him my fork to take a bite of Jason's cake. He took the whole thing but Jason wasn't giving up his cake without a fight. Look at his hand ready to take cake from a baby!


I could make a menu of our wardrobes. My outfit would go something like this...same old leftover red shirt you wore two days last week with ink marked and red stained khaki pants from a warm wash cycle with the aforementioned red shirt. Levi's would go something like this...super cute long-sleeved green dinosaur shirt smothered in drool served with a side of sticky fingers and smelly socks. That's about how we feel at the end of the day!


I wouldn't offically say Levi is walking, but he kind of his. He's walked to the mailbox every day this week holding our hands. If you've seen our driveway you'll understand that this is a pretty big feat for someone his size. He also enjoys the Goodnight Hug Game. Jason holds his hand and he walks over to me to hug me goodnight. I get about 35 hugs before he actually retires for the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment