We finally put up the hedgie Jason's parents brought back from the Amazon for us four years ago. We never had enough trees in Colorado to attach it to. Back home in Indiana, that's not a problem! We have trees galore! Jason spent a few minutes tying it up then Levi and I were on our way to relaxing the afternoon away (or so we thought). We let the lightest member of the family test it first.
It held the 20 or so pounds that are the beastman so I was up next. Here's a shot from inside.
Levi standing on top of me disrupting my nap...
Then I felt the rope slip! I shouted, "Jason, take Levi. We're going to fall!" Jason calmly looked at his knots and said, "No you're not." Two seconds later Levi and I were on the ground. As it turns out the knots were fine. The rope, on the other hand, was not. Don't worry, though, Levi walked away from his first big fall unscathed. He had a soft landing better known as Mom!



No comments:
Post a Comment