Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day yesterday despite having to work all day. One lady really pushed my buttons, though, when she complained that she was "stuck" with her kids while her husband worked. Cry me a river lady...I would love to be stuck with Levi rather than listening to you! She didn't get much sympathy from me.

Anyways, Jason brought me lunch which is always a pretty big deal since I can't really leave the building. After work he met me to go for a walk in the park. It's becoming a Sunday evening ritual and I like it! When I got home there was a note on the kitchen table from Jason & Levi. This is what it said:

Happy Mother's Day Beautiful.
Levi said he wanted you to follow him around to all of his usual haunts and he said he might have something for you at the end. Nothing too cool so don't get excited, "just for fun" is what he said.
1st Clue: "Mom, I'm gonna start it easy for you...the next clue is where I lay my little head to sleep."

So off to his crib we went to find our next clue!

2nd Clue: Good job! Where to next? Often times in the morning this is where I get my breakfast and my daily dose of the Denver Post.

We headed over to the couch where I still read the Denver Post every morning. Probably for the same reasons I won't let my Colorado pharmacist license expire...

3rd Clue: If you look straight ahead (while sitting on my couch) you'll be looking in the right direction. Now you must put yourself in my shoes (edit- he said "diapers" but I didn't want you to take him too literally) and march across the house. Where might we find something fun to get into?

We found our next clue folded up in one of Levi's bottles. He has a box full of them and he enjoys banging each and every one of them on the floor.

4th Clue: About this far into my mornings Moab is starting to feel left out. Dad says this is the one thing that keeps Moab going. Maybe someday he'll share some with me...if not I'll just take it anyway!

To the garage for Moab's food bowl we went!

5th Clue: Tasty huh? I am the "King of the Crib" and everything else in sight. This is my preferred mode of transportation. Who needs a horse when I have a...

Dad! And Dad pulls his chariot. And the next clue was in his bike trailer.

6th Clue: I'm getting hungry again. Clue: Haute Chaise. Get it? HC. Dad says someday I'll be the first up on of those and then I'll get a yellow teddy bear!

If you know my hubby, you know he loves his bicycling. HC climbs are super tough climbs in races like the Tour de France. In our new reality, though, it's a high chair!

7th Clue: I'm starting to stink. Maybe you should change my diaper before we move to the next clue...hehe.

Yes, he put a clue in Levi's diaper! And yes, I had to change a diaper on Mother's Day!

8th Clue: Now that I have a freshie, yo holmes smell ya later!

In our household we call freshly changed diapers freshies and we frequently ask Levi if he would like a freshie. This has inadvertently led us to sing the Fresh Prince of Bellaire theme song on many occasions. Yes, we're products of the 90's! Anywho, the next clue was in the stereo. I think I've addressed the ancient history of our stereo before. It's also a product of the 90's.

9th Clue: That last one was tough. Dad always tells me stories about how tough you are. He says you carried me 1000 miles on the seat of your bicycle.

Sometimes I wonder how I ever did that! The 10th clue was in the seat pack on my bike.

10th Clue: The sea captain always tries to tell me how tough he is too. I'll show him!

Levi loves to drown the sea captain during bath time. The next clue was inside the sea captain's ship.

11th Clue: Dad says you're probably getting tired of this silly game, especially for the silly prizes at the end. Maybe we should take a break. Let's change into something more comfortable. I think some PJ's might do the trick!

Jason knows me too well. I was getting slightly annoyed, but only because I was hungry! My present was a new pair of pajama pants that I had asked for and like usual he made them into the bed. They were accompanied by a final word from Levi.

I love you Mom!

I love you too, Levi!

No comments:

Post a Comment