Thursday, April 22, 2010

You're Gonna Miss This...

...You're gonna want this back. You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast. These are some good times. So take a good look around. You may not know it now, but you're gonna miss this...

I was laying on our bed tonight when Jason walked in our room and asked what I was doing. I looked down at my Parents magazine and realized that I was reading about 7 years olds. Ironically, we only have an eight month old. We got to talking and quickly agreed that our baby boy is growing and changing at an alarming rate. Jason reminded me of the Trace Adkins song lyrics above and how they have new meaning now that we're parents. Every stage of life goes by so fast so we decided to document a few of Levi's endearing moments that we'll miss when he outgrows them. Here they are in no particular order:

-Levi makes all kinds of weird noises and sounds but his favorite is opening and closing his mouth to make a popping sound. Eventually he stops putting noise behind his moving lips and just opens and closes his mouth. He does it over and over and over until he has Jason and I laughing so hard our sides hurt.

-Jason held Levi up to the glass storm door to our house tonight while I stood on the opposite side. I plastered my hand against the glass hoping he would follow suit. Nope, he smashed his little nose against the glass. We thought it was adorable until he proceeded to open his mouth and lick the glass. We were appalled, but Levi thought he was hilarious.

-Levi crawls so fast now that sometimes I have to run in order to catch him! Once he gets on the hardwood he bends his knees and pulls hard with his arms and just drags his back end. I guess he's figured out that he goes faster without moving his legs.

-When Moab lays in Levi's way Levi just crawls right over him!

-I taught Levi how to splash in the bath tub tonight. Boy did we have a mess!

-When Levi gets really tired he bounces around, jumps up and down, and waives his arms like a wild man...for precisely 10 seconds...then he immediately cries. It's his sign that he's ready to go to bed.

-Whenever Levi poops his pants he does a little shiver and gets a quirky little smile on his face but he never cries.

-When Levi finds something new he picks it up in his hand, turns it back and forth about three times to get a good look at it then it goes directly into his mouth.

-Sometimes when we ride in the car Levi sits in his car seat and says "bop bop bop bop bop" a hundred times. If you say it back to him he stops and thinks for a minute then replies with one single "bop".

-At 8 months Levi has already had an M&M. It must have fallen off of a cookie and he found it. He smiled at me and his entire mouth was blue. I panicked, stuck my finger in his mouth, and realized it was the melted shell and all that remained was the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment