Thursday, March 11, 2010

Teeth!

The title pretty much gives this one away. Levi's first two teeth came through yesterday, just shy of 7 months old! We had to call in the expert, Aunt Janna (having a child older than mine qualifies you as an expert), at church on Sunday to confirm that the little white spots on his bottom gums were indeed teeth on the verge of blooming. Our expert informed us yesterday that the teeth finally came through. Levi has handled teething like a champ, only 50 more teeth to go little man! A small part of my heart is sad about this. I won't ever see his gummy little smile again and the back of my brain that thinks at 90 mph is seeing glimpses of Levi having a girlfriend he doesn't call "Momma", a fast car, and a high school diploma. Where, oh where, is the time going?!
Dad insisted we get a picture of his pearly whites...and the carrot hue above his lips!

Okay, back to my baby. He's been sitting great for the last few weeks. I don't know if I officially documented that or not so here it is. Levi sits!
He's starting to understand the basics of crawling as well. It isn't pretty, but if he wants to go somewhere (think 3 foot radius) he'll get there. Here he is trying to pull the wheels off the bus. I'll work on getting an action shot of him on all fours this weekend.
He's also been experimenting with new foods. For a while I was starting to think he would never eat. He turned his nose up at everything! Fortunately, the beast has a very patient father who encourages him much better than I could ever dream about. We started out with cereal, then peas, green beans, avocado, sweet potatoes, bananas, applesauce, and carrots (in that order). I've really enjoyed making all of his food and finishing off what he doesn't eat. I never realized how good pureed vegetables could be! To date Levi loves the green beans, sweet potatoes, bananas, and carrots. He could pretty much take or leave the peas and avocado and to my dismay he hates applesauce. What kind of kid doesn't like applesauce?! Oh yeah, I let him play with some smashed up spaghetti the other night too. If he's going to survive in my household he has to like spaghetti. It never made it to his mouth...
"Mmmm, I like carrots!"
"Umm, Mom, you forgot to smash it up. What am I going to do with this thing?"

1 comment:

  1. Taking on mom's habbits I see, eating your fruits and vegetables. May you live to be 100 and take the first commercial flight to the moon Levi!

    ReplyDelete