Friday, March 19, 2010
Our Little Trooper
The beast has been a little under the weather the past few days although he doesn't let on that he feels crummy. While Jason and I were eating breakfast yesterday he puked...then he laughed at himself for puking. I picked him up to get him cleaned up and realized he felt a little warm, but I was cold so I hugged him tight and went about my business of cleaning up and getting him settled in for a nap. He slept for almost 2 hours which is entirely uncharacteristic of our child. Being the great mom that I am, I completely forgot about the events of the morning and took Levi and Moab outside for a walk. We walked down to the river and watched Moab fetch sticks from the current. On a normal day Levi would laugh out loud at Moab's antics, but we could barely get a smile out of the little guy. We just figured he was tired so we walked back home to put him down for his afternoon nap. After 15 minutes of rocking and a few more minutes of moaning from Levi I decided to just set him in his crib to see if he would fall asleep on his own. He never did and when I went back to get him I realized he was boiling. We took his temperature and when it came back at 102.7 at 4 o'clock on Friday we decided to be "that" family and call the doctor for a last minute appointment. Fortunately we got in and they confirmed our fears...Levi is sick. It's just your run of the mill stomach virus, but it's certainly not fun seeing our little guy sick. Of course he's Levi and at 7 months old he's already got a great outlook on the world. He can laugh at himself when he pukes and when he wriggled his little body over to the thermometer he banged it up and down a few times and threw it across the floor then moved on to play with a stack of blocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Nothing is worser than seeing your own child in ill, you just want to take it away for him and trade places. He's definitely building his immune system. Way to go Levi, take one for the team!
ReplyDelete