Levi's female cousins countinue to be a great influence on him. They brought their barbies over for Thanksgiving since we have zero girl toys for them to play with. Naturally, Levi confiscated them for the day.
Again, good influences.
Even Dad is in on the action. I was in the kitchen and all I could hear was Levi nervously saying "No Dad, No Dad, No Dad!" The next thing I heard was thunk... thunk... thunk... At least they helped put the laundry away. Here's to hoping baby #2 is a girl! I don't know how much more testosterone I can handle.
This is the only way I can get 15 minutes of quiet time. He even cleans the tub while he's in there!
We got our first snow storm of the season on Tuesday. Levi loved the snow, but getting out there was quite the adventure. Jason went out into the garage to get Levi's boots so they could shovel the driveway when he got home. The next thing he knew the door slammed and locked behind him...with Levi still inside! For 30 minutes Jason looked for a way to break into the house to no avail. When I got home from work Jason hurried to the car to see if I had a key to the house, which I didn't think I did. I had my pharmacy key and a random key. Jason tried it on the garage door. No luck. We ultimately made the decision to kick the door down to rescue our baby. I walked around to the back of the house to the door to get Levi out of the way of the door Jason was going to knock down. While I was back there I tried to get Levi to unlock the dead bolt. He came oh-so-close, but still no luck. After a few minutes I finally decided to try that random key on my keychain. Voila! I was in the house and yelling for Jason not to kick the door down. Disaster averted! After all that they still got the driveway shoveled and we have one of those "remember when our kid did..." stories to laugh about. Now we really don't need anymore, Levi!
These guys are just two peas in a pod. I can only imagine that Levi is talking Jason's ear off here. They have so many great conversations. For example, on the way home last night they passed a pond and Levi pointed out the water in the pond. Then he told Jason the water was for swimming and wanted to know if he could go swimming. Jason said no he couldn't swim, it was too cold outside. Levi, not missing a beat, said "But the ducks are swimming!"
I love my little guy...and my big guy!



No comments:
Post a Comment