The beastman was too cool for his high chair this morning. I'm not really sure what prompted this but sitting at the table was a hit for our morning snack and the clean-up was a lot easier!
He even politely let me know when he was done by signing all done.
I think now is probably a good time to address the fact that Levi is already too smart for his own good. He's learned signs at school that I have to ask his teachers about the next day! It's crazy, but I am definitely enjoying being able to communicate better with the little guy. He can tell me what he wants most of the time by either signing, gesturing, or just saying the word. If I put my hands up in the air as to say "I don't know what you want." he just smiles and does the same. He's very monkey see monkey do at the moment which is great for his vocabulary. I say, "Levi, can you say tractor?" and he repeats with tractor. I say "Levi, can you say cheese?" and he says cheese. It's amazing. After we get through all of our favorite foods and modes of transportation we'll move on to brand and generic drug names. "Levi, can you say metoprolol?" Anyways, I'm not sure how much of it he's retaining but he knows his shoes and a slice of swiss cheese and it's great entertainment for me! Of course there's always a downside to his monkey-like ways. For example, I was roughhousing Moab a few nights ago and when I was finished I walked away only to see Levi walk over and repeat everything I just did. At that point I was very thankful for the thousand times Levi has fed his scraps to the dog. Moab knows never to bite the hand that feeds him. Now we just need some warmer weather so we can stop picking on poor Moab!



No comments:
Post a Comment