Sunday, November 14, 2010

Circus

Our little monkey went to the circus this weekend, but before I get to that I've got some catching up to do! I'll blame my absence from the blog on the time change. I absolutely cannot stand how early the sun sets now. It's depressing. I miss those late night June sunsets I remember from my childhood. Some of my sweetest memories are of running around the neighborhood where I grew up playing hide-n-seek with no less than 20 other adolescents until the sun set at 9:30. It was always our cue to go home and the freedom to stay out late was refreshing! But alas, we're back in chilly November a decade and a half later with a 5 o'clock sunset and a beastman who's only concept of time is a circadian rhythm. Here he is all decked out in his winter coat, hat, and gloves for the first time. I need to fasten a string between his gloves and run it through his coat sleeves so I'm not constantly playing "Where are Levi's Mittens?!"
Align Center

I asked Levi which pumpkin was his favorite. As long as he could pick it up and toss it down the steps it was his favorite!
Ruminating the complexities of his little world...


I went to the grocery store to stock up on bulk supplies to make massive amounts of chili for Thanksgiving dinner. I was so excited to find a nearly 4 pound jar of chili beans! It's my not so secret ingredient. Really, Brooks Chili Hot Beans are the best. They're even better if Levi incubates them!


Here's some more catching up. I have no idea what was going on here. All I can do is look at this photo and think he looks lightyears older than his 14 months.


He's quite the character. This particular dump truck isn't meant to be ridden but Levi figured out a way to make it work. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees his bike under the Christmas tree this year!


Levi trying to help us rake the leaves...


He's slowly befriending Moab. For the past few months he's been squeeling in disgust whenever Moab gets close. Now he realizes Moab is more than a furry nuisance, he's actually quite fun!


He also picked up his stick habit from Moab!


And lastly some pictures from the circus! Ringling Brothers came to Fort Wayne this weekend so we took advantage of the kids under 2 are free deal. We were pleasantly surprised that Levi was able to sit through the entire 2 hour show. His favorite part was the elephants!


After the show Levi got to ride his own horse to the car to beat the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment