Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What's For Dinner?

It's the age old question and we've probably asked it a million times. Before we had Levi dinner really didn't matter to us. As long as we filled our tummies before retiring for the night we were happy campers! Of course bringing a child into the picture created a whole new ball game. I don't want Levi to be a hot dog and potato chips kind of kid! I'm not a health nut by any means but I'm blessed with good taste buds. You know, the type that like things such as nectarines, spinach, and fish. We've been in the dinner rut many times before, but with both of us working full time we've been forced to plan ahead (way ahead!) in order to eat healthy. Not to mention, I had my cholesterol checked recently and my HDL(69) nearly equals my LDL(74) and I'd like to keep it that way! (Jason's still waiting on his results, but I'm sure I have him beat! Nothing like a little friendly competition in your marriage right?!) Here's a sampling of our dinner menu for the next 2 weeks. Feel free to share some ideas or come over for dinner! We usually have some kind of fruit for dessert. Levi just can't get enough of his fruit!
Tonight: Spinach & Mushroom Soup with garlic bread
Thurs: Chicken, Onion & Red Pepper Fahitas
Fri: Lemon Baked Tilapia, Veggies, & Thyme Potatoes (Jason makes this and it's the best!)
Sat: Grilled Zucchini, Eggplant, & Herb Sandwiches
Sun: Red Lobster...birthday present from my folks!
Mon: BBQ Chicken Salad
Tues: Shrimp & Pepper Linguini (okay, I'll admit it, this one comes from the freezer section!)
Wed: White Bean Soup
Thurs: Lasagne
Fri: Leftover Lasagne...this one usually lasts us a few meals!
Sat: Grilled Salmon & Wild Rice
Sun: My Momma's Secret Recipe Turkey Chili (it's not really a secret recipe, I've just perfected it over the years and now it's better than my Mom's...just don't tell her!)
Mon: Leftover Chili
Tues: BBQ Chicken, Asparagus, and grilled potatoes

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing! Planning that far ahead and eating so healthy! Wish my taste buds could learn from yours!

    ReplyDelete