According to Webster mischief is conduct or activity that causes petty annoyance. It's safe to say, on occasion, that my child annoys me! For example, I went to brush my teeth yesterday morning before leaving for the day and happened to look into the bathtub just in time to find Alaska Dog sinking in the leftover suds from Levi's bath. Today, after putting Levi down for his nap, I slipped away to enjoy a much needed hot shower only to skid across the tub atop a four pronged Lego creation made and gently placed in the tub by none other than my own little Levi! I feel compelled to say that I don't allow him to play in the bathroom, there's never standing water in the tub, and he's always supervised. I honestly don't know when he had time to pull these pranks! And where was I?! I know, I'm still wondering the same thing! Mischief... This morning the three of us (me, Levi, & Moab) enjoyed a brisk 4 mile walk at the park. When we got home Moab was so thirsty he could have licked the toilet dry so I left Levi in the family room like I've done a hundred times (bathroom door was shut...I know what you're thinking!) to go outside and fill up Moab's bowl. I heard a loud noise and did what any sane mother would do. I went running for my child only to realize he had opened the door and was following me outside. The loud noise was his first attempt at opening and inadvertently slamming the door. He wasn't quite smart enough to realize he needed to step out of the way in order to get it opened. He figured that part out the second time! Fortunately, I was on the other side of the door. We have 3 steps leading to the garage and, to the best of my knowledge, Levi can only go up them! Any guesses as to how long it will take him to unlock a door? I hope it's a long time!
Since both Levi and Jason started school this year I thought I'd post a "first day of school" picture of the two of them. I tried pretty much everything except singing The National Anthem backwards to get Levi to look at the camera. The best I got was this. Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment