Well, it's been a year since our lives were turned upside down and inside out and a little man named Levi tightened his grip on our heartstrings. I could ask myself the old cliche, "Where has the time gone?", but that would be foolish. I know where the time has gone! It's gone into countless feedings, diaper changes, smiles, laughs, coos, tears, walks, bike rides, hellos, goodbyes, new foods, first words, first steps (although not indepently yet!), naps (Levi is far out pacing us here), I could go on forever!
At a year Levi weighs close to 20 pounds, give or take a few. I have no idea how tall he is, but Jason said around the fourth of July that he was well past knee high which we presume is good for both corn and little boys! He eats everything mom and dad do and then some (i.e. bugs, grass, dirt, you know...the things we can't beat him to!) He can say 6 words: (in this order, note that mom came first) Mom, Dad, Dog, Uh Oh, & Head. He can blow you kisses, give you five, clap for himself and point to his head. He can throw any number of objects on the ground and say "Uh Oh." His dexterity is phenomenol. He can open a bag of graham crackers, pull them out one by one, and take a bite out of each one. He has an affinity for screaming really loud just to hear himself. I sternly shake my head and say "No, Levi." He looks back at me and shakes his head back and forth and I can't help but laugh at him. Hopefully I'm not creating a monster! He can crawl both forward and backward, standup and push any object of his choosing, but he still can't walk and as I've said before, I don't mind waiting for this one! He's made a friend in the church nursery and whenever we pick him up he's hanging out next to his buddy. He's completed two days of school and been a trooper through it all. At a year old Levi is a smart, goofy, quirky and happy sort of guy and we love him to pieces!
We celebrated Levi's birthday this past Saturday with cake, ice cream, pizza, and a whole lot of croquet! I'll post some highlight pictures later!
Happy Birthday Big Guy!



No comments:
Post a Comment