We've finally had some sunnier weather here in Denver this week. It's been in the 90's during the day, but still feels relatively comfortable. The evenings have been beautiful with lows in the 50's. Great for sleeping with the windows open! Jason is feeling better after having one of his wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday. He even got to bring his tooth home to show me. (Gross!) I hear the tooth fairy is waiting for him to get the other one removed next Tuesday before stopping by for a visit...
We went for a 30 mile bike ride this morning. Less than 29 more to go and then I'll consider hanging my bike up until October. We shall see! That's probably easier said than done! I'm hoping to do the Saturday morning ride with the shop guys since I'm off this weekend and then call it a day. We're anticipating company from Kara & Tim and their kids Saturday night. We bought some sidewalk chalk, took orders for pizza, and rented a G-rated movie. We'll see how good at entertaining kids we are! Jason has promised to make Moab run 10 miles before they get here. That should calm him down enough to be bearable!
This afternoon we picked out my birthday present. Half of my present was getting my engagement ring fixed. I have no idea how I broke it, but I sure did a number on it! The jeweler said I was lucky I didn't lose the diamond. Yikes! Jason got it all fixed up and now it sparkles like it did four years ago. So, for my birthday we're getting my wedding band bonded to the engagement ring AND I'm getting another ring! The other ring is dirt cheap, but will be a great substitute for my normal rings when I'm being overly active, which is all of the time! Now I will only look like an unwed mother until next Tuesday when I get my rings back!! :)
Jason is prepping our backyard for his landscaping project right now and I'm just enjoying the sunshine. Moab is harrassing a poor bird that hit the window earlier today and can't fly away. Our house could win an award for the number of barn swallows that have smashed into the windows and died. Either that or I have the cleanest windows on the block!



No comments:
Post a Comment