Tuesday, July 14, 2009

1001

It's official. I hit 1001 miles on Saturday on a lovely ride with the guys at Jason's work. I was the only lady there, let alone pregnant lady, but the guys were so supportive! I've decided to hang my bike on its peg in the garage until at least October. I'm hoping to devote some time to hiking with Moab and getting things ready for our new arrival. I'm planning to make birth announcements with a little help from my friend Tiana. She is very crafty and has promised to get me started. So check your mailboxes in September!

We had a great time with our visitors from Ohio this weekend. Kara and Tim told us all about a fun game they had just played with some of their friends in the Springs and lo and behold it was Settlers of Catan...Jason's favorite game! Needless to say, Jason and Tim stayed up half the night Saturday playing Settlers. It was a nice break for me! They had so much fun, in fact, that they opted to stay an extra night. Their kids all thought Moab was a wolf. Boaz pointed to the coat closet once and asked if the wolf was in there. As time went on they got a bit more used to Moab, but our poor dog spent a lot of time in the basement. When he wasn't in the basement they drew a boundary line...


And this is what it said...

"No Moab's Allowed" Poor dog.

Now it's back to the grind for a while. Jason is getting his final wisdom tooth taken out today. Hopefully he'll forgive me soon for making him see the dentist. At least he has ice cream waiting for him when he gets home! We have people looking at our house tonight. We're praying, as we always do, that they might be the ones. We have our first birthing class Thursday night. My only apprehension about labor and delivery is actually making it to the hospital, but maybe we'll make the news if I deliver on the side of I-25. Oh the stories we would have to tell our child! Note: This concern is a direct result of talking to Kara who had all three of her babies in under 5 hours! The last being less than 90 minutes! Additional Note: I paid Tim not to tell Jason any of this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment