Sunday, June 28, 2009

Reunion

This weekend was pretty exciting for us. We got a taste of home when Jason's Aunts, Peggy & Gail, and Uncle John came to Castle Rock for a Cordes Family Reunion. Jason was fortunate enough to get the day off and we were able to meet lots of relatives, many of whom live right here in Colorado! Who knew we had family in Loveland, Niwot, and Castle Rock?! (Well someone did, just not us!) One lady even lived in Elizabeth 17 years ago! What a small world. Ironically, we were the only two with Cordes for a last name.


After the reunion we had dinner at Hacienda Colorado with Jean & Alicia and Auntie Rose. I'm not sure the Indiana folks were as excited about the authentic Mexican cuisine as us southwesterners, but we still had a great time. Jason and I really need to get down to the Springs more often to see Larry, Jean, & Alicia and their beautiful scenery! Here's a group shot after dinner. Uncle John is behind the camera.


Peggy, Gail, & John were our fifth group of visitors since we've been in our new house. Not bad since everyone who has stayed with us has had to trek over 1000 miles to get here! We were excited to make breakfast for someone other than ourselves. Would you believe it if I told you we made sausage, eggs, and pancakes? A nice change from cereal and yogurt. Maybe we'll open a bed and breakfast some day. Moab loved his latest set of visitors, especially Uncle John. They played catch all night long and Moab watched with longing eyes when John had to leave.



It's amazing how fast time is going these days. At most there are only 9 more weeks until we go from a family of two to a family of three! Next weekend is the fourth of July and Jason is thinking of doing another mt. bike race. This one is in Breckenridge, The Firecracker 50!He watched the start 2 years ago and has considered doing it ever since. Unfortunately I'll be counting drugs all day. July 4th is our annual controlled substance inventory and it's my year to do it. We have to count ALL of our controlled drugs and record them to comply with federal law. Sounds like a good job for the pregnant lady! The following weekend we're expecting a visit from the Dernlan's. Three kids and Moab, should be a good dry run for when our baby comes!



Well, I'm hoping the skies clear up and the storms move out so we can go for another bike ride this evening. I'm 810 miles to my goal of 1000 before I go into labor. Jason says if I get close he'll ride my bike however many miles it takes to get the odometer to 1000. Maybe I should stop now and let him do the riding. That would be a site to see. Big man on a little bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment