We camped in beautiful Oak Creek Canyon in the Coconino National Forest. Just down the road from our campsite was this trail. Unfortunately I can't remember the name. We aren't avid hikers, but given the current circumstances it was a nice alternative to a bike ride.
On our way home we decided to do something touristy so we stopped at Grand Canyon National Park. Spending a lot of time here would probably cure my fear of heights! While The Grand Canyon is definitely a sight worth seeing we enjoyed The Black Canyon of the Gunnison much more. Just one more reason that CO is better than AZ! Since I'm knocking states now I'll throw one more insult at New Mexico. On our way home we were planning to stop at The Four Corners Monument and have Moab stand with one paw in each state. Well, theoretically. Two weeks before our trip I read an article in the Denver Post that The Four Corners Monument is actually 1800 ft east of where the official four state junction is. So, when the Navajo nation wanted to charge us $3.00 per person to see the not so accurate four corners we turned around and spent $6.00 on food at McDonalds. Money well spent!
A few weekends ago Jason did his first Colorado mt. bike race, "The Burn" in Bailey, CO. He won his age group and smoked a lot of the Pro level riders. I have to admit, it's great fun being a spectator these days. While I enjoyed my days running competitively, I love being there to support him. I'm also his official photographer. Here's his pre-race shot.
Now this last picture is entirely for fun. I don't normally allow Moab on the furniture and I definitely did NOT condone this. I was grilling something out on the deck and Moab didn't like that he couldn't see me. I guess he was trying to get a better view of the grill. Instead he just got scared and couldn't figure out how to get down. In case you ever needed proof that our dog is just a big buffoon...



No comments:
Post a Comment