Staying at home 24/7 with a 2 year old and a newborn is still relatively new to me. I've had to rack my brain for ways to entertain the 2 year old. Fortunately I can rely on some tricks from my days as a counselor at YMCA daycamp. It's actually coming in pretty handy! We sing silly camp songs and play with chalk while we wait for Myles to wake up. Just don't tell Levi I learned the hopscotch at Girl Scouts!
The boy can get some major air.
My sweet baby Myles.
Our Zoo. Seriously, it's like looking into our very own exhibit. There's Moab who's part wolf and Levi who's part monkey. We haven't quite figured Myles out yet.
Speaking of the zoo, it opened on Myles' birthday. We've already been twice and Levi is begging to go back again to see the giraffes.
Last weekend Levi and I walked up the street to catch fish in the pond. It was a great idea until we actually caught a few fish and I couldn't get them out of the net. I squeeled and squirmed and grimaced about how disgusting fish are (unless they're filleted on my dinner plate, of course). I kept asking Levi where Dad was knowing good and well he was at home working on his homework and couldn't hear us call him for help. Levi stood 5 feet away from me not really knowing what to do as I debated whether to sink the net in the pond or take the fish home for Jason to get them out. Ten minutes later I finally worked the dumb fish out of our net and promised Levi that Dad would go fishing with him next time!
Myles took his first non sponge bath last weekend. Levi was pretty upset that Myles got to "ride in the boat" and he couldn't. Now Levi refers to the baby tub as Myles' boat! Those two already have me laughing!
After his bath I combed and spiked Myles' hair. The kid has so much hair I just couldn't help myself. This prompted Myles to put on his angry face. I think he could burn holes in glass with that stare. On a side note, isn't his Halloween shirt great? This little guy will be wearing Halloween in June and Christmas in September. Welcome to the world of hand-me-downs Myles!
Working on his tummy time. He's more of a fan of this than Levi ever was!
Wearing pants for the first time...way too big.
All-in-all staying at home hasn't been too bad. I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about going back to work at six weeks though! Sometimes these two wear me out and going to work would be a nice break from the madness! At the end of the day it's well worth it and I'm glad I have lots of time to spend with them, but these guys make me thankful for the job I have waiting for me.



No comments:
Post a Comment