...is so much different than his big brother! I'm astounded at how easily Myles has taken to the world. His transition into our lives has been almost seamless. I think back to my pregnancy with Levi and all I can remember is that kid never stopped moving! In fact, he never has. I suppose I have myself to blame for that. I do enjoy his enthusiasm and energy, but Myles's first week has been so refreshing compared to our first weeks with Levi. Even in utero Myles was calm and mild mannered, only kicking enough to reassure me that life on the inside was going well.
Levi must have come into this world knowing Jason & I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what we were doing. I remember after he was born when all the nurses and doctors left the room and Jason and I just stared at each other with bewildered looks. Really, that's it? They just left us here with him? Yeah, that was it! Our first night at home with Levi was great, but things quickly went down hill after that. Levi never napped, he fought sleep every single night, and never seemed to gain enough weight. I remember many frustrating nights thinking the morning would never come. Fortunately for us (and Myles) the morning came and Jason and I recovered enough (or became brave enough?) to give child rearing a second go around.
Myles, on the other hand, fell into experienced arms and hasn't looked back. He eats well, he naps well, and even sleeps pretty well at night. We haven't spent our nights pacing the hallway or incessently rocking a screaming infant. Myles simply makes a few noises, feeds, and falls quickly back to sleep. He's been so calm that most nights Jason doesn't even hear him and can get 8 hours of uniterrupted sleep. As for me, I just go to bed at 8:30! It's working quite nicely and while I'm sure there will be difficult days and nights ahead I can't help but think that our success isn't due to Myles being any easier than Levi. Perhaps we just know what we're doing this time around...
Monday, April 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Thanks for letting me get that sleep, I'll return the favor somehow, someday...
ReplyDelete