I'm always lamenting on where the time has gone, but seriously, where has the time gone? We spent this past weekend preparing our house for Christmas since we won't have another weekend to do it as a family until we tear everything down in January. Levi remembered from last year that the tree is just for looking so it's smooth sailing for our pines until New Year's! After about 10 seconds of thought Jason found the perfect place for our little tree. This tree holds a special place in my heart since it was the tree we bought the first year we were married. It's "our" tree and it's fitting that it's caged off from the beasts we've added to our lives since then (i.e. Moab & Levi).
We also enjoyed what was probably our last balmy 60 degree day of 2011. We took a bike ride to our neighborhood park and had the entire place to ourselves. I guess the wind scared everyone away. Not us!
Levi really enjoys playing on the big kid playground. The monkey bars are his favorite but this not-so-tight rope comes in at an easy second.
This takes me back to sixth grade. We played on these crazy swings literally everyday that year! I must have permanently altered my sense of equilibrium. I get sick just looking at this picture! At least Jason & Levi seem to enjoy themselves!
Now back to the title. Levi, despite hating naptime, is obsessed with talking about naps. He tells us every morning that he took a long nap last night, he tells us every evening that he took a long nap that day at school, and when I get home from work he asks me if I had a good nap. Why yes, Levi, Momma gets paid to sleep on a cot in the back of the pharmacy. I'm just there to deter would-be meth heads and seekers of hillbilly heroin should the need arise. Now if you happen to meander by and don't see me, I'm most likely catching some zzzz's underneath my white coat. I think I might just ask for a pillow pet for Christmas!



No comments:
Post a Comment