Tuesday, July 12, 2011

McCormick's Creek

I'm long overdue for an update to the blog so here it is! With the start of summer, vacations, lots of playing outside, and Jason starting his Masters I've been limited on my computer time. That's not such a bad thing, though. I'll get it updated as quickly as I can. Perhaps if I didn't take so many pictures this wouldn't be so hard! On to the good stuff... So far this summer Levi has camped for 7 nights. The first three were at McCormick's Creek in southern Indiana. The Park has a pool, hiking trails, scenic road riding, and caves. We did all of them except the caves. I would need a handful of Xanax and perhaps a glass of wine before tackling that adventure!! All spelunking aside, Levi enjoyed all that the park had to offer, especially the playgrounds.



There were cousins and bugs...



And one particular cousin he loves to bug...



A pink stroller for pushing. In 10 years he's going to love this photo.



Pestering Olia.



We had great food and great company for all of our meals. Notice how everyone is eating, except Levi.




We took Levi to the pool one afternoon. He loved the kiddie pool and it never bothered him that he couldn't swim. When he lost his balance and fell in face first he simply waited for someone to come by, pull him out, and prop him back up on his feet so he could continue playing!



Love.



Levi learned how to play catch with the sticky mits.



Don't they look innocent?



He's pretty good at getting people to share sweets. Grandma's are particularly vulnerable.



Part of the gang.



This is our prototype family photo. Jason and I smiling. Levi screaming and squirming. Mr. Independent.



Hiking like all the big kids.




There was a lot more to the trip. These are just a few of the highlights. The final day of camping we woke up with our tent in a mud puddle and our bags soaked the whole way through. That wasn't worthy of a picture. Oh the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment