This little guy is my absolute favorite. I just love love love him! I love our mornings together, I love our car rides to school, and I love hearing his voice shout "Momma!!" before I even walk in the door at night. Thinking about him is almost all I ever need to brighten my day!
He makes me laugh a lot too. He woke up with his hair standing on end the other day and I didn't do anything to fix it because it was 100% Levi.
We found this little friend in our driveway last week. We pointed him out to Levi and of course he reached down to pick him up. When the toad realized the impending doom he leaped for his life, which in turn scared Levi and made him cry. It was actually rather funny.
Jason picked the toad up to show Levi he was harmless. Levi thought it was pretty funny watching him swim around Moab's water bowl.
I relish my time with Levi, but it always goes too fast. I'm so thankful that I can record so many fun memories in this blog. This was a random morning last week. We ended up playing outside all day long.
Levi is always up to something. I came home from work last night to an eerily quiet house. Natually my thoughts started racing to all kinds of absurd things that might have happened, but I won't get into that. I apprehensively opened the door to find Jason busily making dinner. I said hello then poked my head into the family room to see Levi with his pants around his ankles. I nonchalantly asked Jason what was going on with Levi. He continued cooking and said he had a good day at school and had been playing with his puzzle, which at this point was on the other side of the room. My stunned silence must have alerted Jason to the situation. He turned around just as Levi started pointing to his bottom saying "Poop." Jason pointed out how quickly Levi had depantsed himself and that to an onlooker it might look like he was a terrible parent. We both laughed so hard we cried. Levi can do anything he sets his mind to (and he usally does it really fast!), whether it's climbing rocks or taking off his pants.
This past weekend we rode our bikes in Winona Lake's annual Fat & Skinny Tire Fest. We did 39 miles and Levi loved 37 of them. We had to give the beast a break at a playground so he could burn off a little energy. Afterward we had lunch and walked through the street vendors.
Since this post is already pretty scatter brained I'll throw one more random story in for good measure. We go to church on Saturday nights. We love it, but it makes eating dinner at a decent hour difficult. We either have to eat at 4 or 8. Kind of a pain. Anyways, during the service my mind was wandering and in it's typical fashion it wandered to food. I came up with the brilliant idea of stopping at Wendy's for a quick dinner on our way home. When we got in the car I presented my idea to Jason. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: Do you want to stop at Wendy's for dinner?
Jason: Wendy's sounds good. Where is it?
Me: It's south on Coldwater.
Jason: How far south?
Me: At the intersection of Coldwater & Dupont next to Kroger. We'll drive right by it.
Jason: I didn't know there was a Wendy's there.
Me: I know. Everytime we drive by that Wendy's you say, "I didn't know there was a Wendy's there."
We laughed so hard at this that Levi laughed so hard he was almost crying. Oh how I love my goofy boys!



Jason's memory is sounding more and more like his dad's...sorry Lindsay! Love the picture of Levi sitting on the basketball w/his hair sticking up! He's a cutie and one of the most fun kids ever!!!
ReplyDelete