My kiddo is so goofy. Sometimes I just have to take a step back and laugh at him. I can't help myself. He's been on a kick for the last few weeks where he picks up rocks, dirt, dog hair, basically whatever he can find on my immaculate floors. He runs around the house in a very dignified manor and repeatedly says "Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!" while holding out whatever he found as far away from himself as he can. His journey usually ends near the trash can we keep under the kitchen sink, but he won't stop saying yuck until we open the cabinet door and let him throw away his treasure. I have no idea where he learned to do this, but it's fantastic. He only throws trash and other things he considers yucky (i.e. diapers, sticks, legitimate garbage) into the trash! It's amazing! Anyways, this morning Levi wanted down from the kitchen table during breakfast (cereal & bananas) but I still had to finish getting ready for work. When this happens I just set his breakfast plate on a chair and let him graze until it's time to leave. It keeps him occupied, happy, and lets him fill his belly before heading off to school. Well, as I was putting my contacts in I heard Levi in the kitchen getting really impatient about something. Our conversation went something like this:
Levi: "Yuck! Yuck!"
Me: "Levi, did you find something yucky?"
Levi: "Yuck!"
Me: "Levi, I'll be right there."
Levi (getting impatient): "Yuuuuuckkkkkk! Yuuuuuckkkkk!"
I hurried out to the kitchen to see what had Levi so repulsed. He had a look on his face that reminded me of my own face when I was at a highschool cross country meet and a bird pooped on my shoulder. In his outstretched hand were all the remaining banana slices from his breakfast. They had turned brown and Levi was disgusted. Seriously, where did this kid come from?!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment