I found a note in Levi's cubby at school last week that let us know Levi was moving up! We've been waiting for the note for a while now. I guess as a parent you just know when it's time. Levi went from being the smallest kid in his class to the biggest in 6 months and it was time to move on. He started in his new classroom this morning and he's with some of the kids who were with him originally in Toddlers 1. We told him all weekend that he was going to play with new toys, sleep in a new bed, meet his new teachers and it would be an all around grand old time. For Levi it was. For me, it wasn't. I didn't cry the first day I took Levi to daycare back in August, nor on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or subsequent visits. Today was different. I had to fight back the tears and swallow the lump in my throat. I'm both delighted and saddened by how fast my baby is growing up.
Now I digress:
Throughout this blog I've really enjoyed reminiscing about the events of our lives. I have very purposefully, however, left out some key events that I'm not so proud of. For example, when Levi was 4 months old he fell off the couch. It wasn't just your run of the mill couch roll-off though. It was a head first plummet in which Levi's body did a complete 180...lengthwise. Jason hasn't let me forget about it. I felt awful for months and I still have pangs of guilt! A dear friend finally made me feel better by saying "Everyone's child has fallen off of something and if they say they haven't then they're lying." I don't know how true that is but it sure made me feel better! Well this weekend Jason eased even more of my guilt. He brought Levi to the pharmacy to say hello. When I picked him up Jason asked me to take a look at his index finger. There was a very distinct red line with some localized swelling. I asked Jason if Levi cut himself on something. Jason said no. I looked again confused as to what could leave a mark like that. Jason must have been able to read my confusion and volunteered that a mouse trap was to blame. My jaw hit the ground! Fortunately aside from a little swelling and minimal tears Levi was fine, just like when he fell off the couch. The only difference: It's my turn to pester Jason.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment